Hip Lift and Front End Sling
Hip Lift Features:
- Rubber padded stirrups to minimize scraping cow's hips
- Movable parts sealed and permanently lubricated
- No exposed threads to rust or get damaged
- Bronze bearing allows easy tightening
- Easily adjusts from smallest heifer to largest cow
- Highly approved by veterinarians
- Shipping weight - approx. 18 lbs.
- In production for over 20 years
The cow lift easily lifts cows that are down due to milk fever, calving injury, or wet, slippery cement. Placed over the cow's hips and tightened as necessary by cranking the handle (similar to an implement jack) secures the cow as she is lifted. It is improved over other previous lifters because it is less likely to slip off the cow, thus reducing the risk of further injury. Once the rear hip lift is attached to the cow, a wire stretcher, power pull, or similar device connected to an overhead beam or loader tractor can be used to lift the animal. This enables her to regain the use of her legs and she can be milked or treated in this position.
Front End Sling Features:
- Used with the rear hip lift
- Designed with cow comfort in mind
- Convenient to use
- Adjustable to any size cow
- Harness keeps the belt from slipping
- Shipping weight - approx. 22 lbs
This lift allows the whole cow to be lifted to a standing position for longer periods of time. When using any rear hip lift alone, there can be some muscular and tissue damage around the hip area. The Front End Sling reduces the weight on the rear hip lift with minimal discomfort to the animals. Attaching the rear hip lift to a down cow and raising the cow a few inches allows the 12" belt to be slid behind her front legs. A harness is attached and placed around the neck to keep the belt from slipping out of place. Once the lifter is attached to the cow, a wire stretcher, power pull or similar device hooked to an overhead beam or loader tractor can be used to lift the animal. This enables her to regain the use of her legs and she can be milked or treated in this position.
Cow with Rear Hip Lift and Front End Sling attached
Call us at (563) 921-3445 to order. Cowlifts can be shipped via UPS and Spee-Dee Delivery.